Jim Harbin Entry Information
The Jim Harbin Student Media Festival has been around for 47 years! It was Jim Harbin's vision and is FAME's vision to teach, encourage and celebrate Florida's student media producers. Student filmmakers learn many valuable lessons from equipment usage & care to copyright laws to protect artists like themselves. We celebrate the learning and creativity of Florida's young artists.
Click here for the Jim Harbin homepage
2021 Festival INFO
Our LIVE Jim Harbin Student Media Festival
will take place December 3 at 5:30 p.m.
@ the Ocean Center, Daytona Beach
$25 for Parking
Conference prices "Mention FAME"for rooms @
Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort
100 North Atlantic Ave,
Datyona Beach, FL 32118
No RSVP Necessary!
Bring family and friends.
Plenty of seats for all!
(Contact district/county chair to enter)
District chairs submit 1st-3rd place winners to Regional Level of competition, using Film Freeway to find your Regional Chairperson click here.
Regional Chairs submit 1st - 3rd places for your region to the State Entry Form https://filmfreeway.com/JimHarbin
State finalists posted online
Information and Rules:
- Rules and Categories: https://tinyurl.com/JHRules
- Parent Permission Form: Please have parent permissions on file at the school level.
- Judging Rubric PDF for 2021, updated. We went to a 10 point scale to eliminate so many tied-scores.
- For Tech support contact: Robert Walker or Ginger Carter
- Submissions will have 2 parts. 1. Uploading your video to FilmFreeway. Then submitting your video to the Jim Harbin Student Media Festival if you place in regionals. Storyboards and/or scripts, copyright documentation and video must all be uploaded.
- Remember, ALL schools must have a FAME member to participate at Regional and State Level of the competition.