Jim Harbin Entry Information
The Jim Harbin Student Media Festival has been around for 45 years! It was Jim Harbin's vision and is FAME's vision to teach, encourage and celebrate Florida's student media producers. Student filmmakers learn many valuable lessons from equipment usage & care to copyright laws to protect artists like themselves. We celebrate the learning and creativity of Florida's young artists.
Click here for the Jim Harbin homepage
2020 ENTRY TIMELINE
District Contests (Contact district chair to enter)
District chairs submit 1st-3rd place winners to Regional Level of competition, using Film Freeway
Regional Chairs submit 1st - 3rd places for your region to the State Entry Form https://filmfreeway.com/JimHarbin
State finalists posted online
November 1, 2020
The Big Reveal of the places for our finalists will be announced here on the webpage this year due to the cancellation of the conference.
Information and Rules:
- Rules and Categories: https://tinyurl.com/JHRules
- Parent Permission Form: https://tinyurl.com/JHparentperm Please have parent permissions on file at the school level.
- Judging Rubric PDF for 2021, updated. We went to a 10 point scale to eliminate so many tied-scores.
- For Tech support contact: Robert Walker or Ginger Carter
- Submissions will have 2 parts. Submitting your video to filmfreeway, then attaching to the Jim Harbin contest. Storyboards and/or scripts, copyright documentation and video.
- Remember, ALL schools must have a FAME member to participate at Regional and State Level of the competition.