Jim Harbin Entry Information
The Jim Harbin Student Media Festival has been around for 48 years! It was Jim Harbin's vision and is FAME's vision to teach, encourage and celebrate Florida's student media producers. Student filmmakers learn many valuable lessons from equipment usage & care to copyright laws to protect artists like themselves. We celebrate the learning and creativity of Florida's young artists.
Click here for the Jim Harbin homepage
STEPS TO JIM HARBIN STUDENT MEDIA FESTIVAL
1. For student videos to be eligible for the Jim Harbin Student Media Festival the video(s) must first go through a county and then the regional level. Chairpersons for these contests can be found here: Jim Harbin homepage
2. Review the categories AND rules for entering videos! This is critical. Videos will be disqualified if rules are not followed. You can find these documents here: Rules and Categories
3. The rubric that is used at the regional and state level of the competition is here: Rubric
Note: that counties may be using the same rubric to judge at the district level.
4. The videos that win at the regional level will be required to upload their videos to Film Freeway for judging.
5. 1st through 3rd places will be announced in the fall and celebrated at the FAME Annual Conference.
2023 Festival INFO
(Official Invitation coming with details here....)
Our LIVE Jim Harbin Student Media Festival
will take place at the FAME Hotel Convention Center, Orlando, FL.
Friday, November 17, 2023 at 5:30 p.m.
in the Ballroom
$?? for Parking (TBD)
For hotel accommodations at
conference prices "Mention FAME"for rooms @
Orlando, FL 32821
No RSVP Necessary!
Bring family and friends.
Plenty of seats for all!
(Contact district/county chair to enter)
District chairs submit 1st-3rd place winners to Regional Level of competition, using Film Freeway to find your Regional Chairperson click here.
Regional Chairs submit 1st - 3rd places for your region to the State Entry Form https://filmfreeway.com/JimHarbin
State finalists posted online
Information and Rules:
- Rules and Categories: https://tinyurl.com/JHRules
- Parent Permission Form: Please have parent permissions on file at the school level.
- Judging Rubric PDF for 2022, updated. We went to a 10 point scale to eliminate so many tied-scores.
- For Tech support contact: Robert Walker or Jennifer Daniels
- Submissions will have 2 parts. 1. Uploading your video to FilmFreeway. Then submitting your video to the Jim Harbin Student Media Festival if you place in regionals. Storyboards and/or scripts, copyright documentation and video must all be uploaded.
- Remember, ALL schools must have a FAME member to participate at Regional and State Level of the competition.