Jim Harbin Entry Information
The Jim Harbin Student Media Festival has been around for 45 years! It was Jim Harbin's vision and is FAME's vision to teach, encourage and celebrate Florida's student media producers. Student filmmakers learn many valuable lessons from equipment usage & care to copyright laws to protect artists like themselves. We celebrate the learning and creativity of Florida's young artists.
Click here for the Jim Harbin homepage
2020 ENTRY TIMELINE
District Contests (Contact district chair to enter)
District chairs submit 1st-3rd place winners to Regional Level of competition, using Film Freeway
Regional Chairs submit 1st - 3rd places for your region to the State Entry Form https://filmfreeway.com/JimHarbin
State finalists posted online
Winners celebrated at the
46th Annual Jim Harbin Student Media Festival
November 6 @ Rosen Centre Ballroom, Orlando
Information and Rules:
- Rules and Categories: https://tinyurl.com/JHRules
- Parent Permission Form: https://tinyurl.com/JHparentperm Please have parent permissions on file at the school level.
- 2020 Entry Form Use this form for district contests. Must submit to State using FilmFreeway
- Judging Rubric PDF for 2020, updated. We went to a 10 point scale to eliminate so many tied-scores.
- For Tech support contact: Robert Walker or Ginger Carter
- Submissions will have 2 parts. Submitting your video to filmfreeway, then attaching to the Jim Harbin contest. Storyboards, scripts, copyright documentation and video.
- Remember, schools must have a FAME member.